Saturday, June 8, 2013

Introduction

Hello.  My name is Jen and I have an addiction to all-things Teaching. I spend 50+ hours a week at my school and go in regularly on the weekends.  I have Pinterest boards dedicated to every subject, holiday, and theme that I teach.  I read books on educational theory and best practices for "fun" each summer.  I have been on summer vacation for only 24 hours and now I have created a blog where I can spend more time thinking, talking, and reflecting on teaching!  Yay!

If the above paragraph sounds like you, then let me say welcome kindred spirit!  Teaching is truly my hobby, my passion, my life.  I started this blog for two reasons:

1). Blog-stalker coming out of the closet here.  I've been reading many other great blogs written by great teachers who are having a great time getting to know each other.  I'm a little jealous of the connections they make & I want in on the fun!

2). I want to share tips, ideas, and products that help me survive the day-to-day madness of teaching and hopefully receive some wonderful suggestions in return.  Is it bad that's my secondary concern?

Here's a little more must-know info about me.  I have 9 years teaching experience in preschool, kindergarten, and currently third grade.  My degree and certification are in Early Childhood Education and I believe a strong early foundation is vital to students future academic success.  I was born and raised in Florida and my goal is never to live in a place where it snows!  I am proud to teach at a Catholic School, after being raised by a Catholic School teacher who's still going strong with 26 years under her belt in the Kindergarten classroom ( Mom - you're my hero!).

I think that's all the randomness I felt necessary to establish a virtual bond with you.  I look forward to sharing some purposeful posts with you shortly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts! Please leave a comment.