Thursday, August 1, 2013

Currently: August

Hello friends!

I'm linking up for the first time with Farley to share what's currently going on in my world.


Some of these need no further explanation, but I'll elaborate on a few.

Loving: My sister has decided that her kiddos are finally old enough to enjoy Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party at Disney World and I just purchased my ticket and my nephew's (birthday present done).  Yay!!!  It's become an entire extended family outing, complete with camping out for the weekend.  Wish us luck because we are not exactly wilderness people!

Thinking & Needing:  I've had all summer to do it, but yesterday I FINALLY moved the last of my belongings (my two class pets) up to my new classroom.  I am officially 100% moved in!  Now if only I could find my hole puncher...and my white out...and all the other random items that I just can't seem to find.

Must Haves: Today I purchased this newWriting Goals Chart.  Each year, I seem to pick one area of curriculum to really beef up and this year its writing.  I'm so excited to use it this year to differentiate my kid's writing goals that I've already laminated it and posted it in my classroom.

 I am obsessed with sticky notes!  I always need lots and lots of sticky notes for me and for my kids.

And last, but DEFINITELY not least, you have to start off the year with a positive outlook.  I just know that I'm gonna have the best kids ever, the most awesome lesson plans ever, and the smoothest year of teaching ever.  Remind me of that in a month when I'm drowning, ok?

What are some of your must haves?

Savoring my last few "free" days,
Jen

8 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous! Disney at Halloween, how fun! My family typically goes at Thanksgiving, Halloween sounds like a lot of fun! I still have lots to do before school starts too! I need just a little bit more time! Good luck this year!

    Karen
    An Apple a Day in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. November is my favorite time to visit Disney! Thanks for the well-wishes.

      Delete
  2. That's awesome that you are all moved in! I'm still trying to locate everything and I didn't move classrooms haha! :) Good luck with back to school. I am your newest follower!

    ~Kourtney

    kourtneypayton83@gmail.com

    Mrs. Payton's Precious Kindergarteners

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for joinging up with me Kourtney! You are lucky follower #13. Woohoo! I'm now following your blog as well.

      Delete
  3. After you find your hole punch, will you help me look for mine? I moved to a new room and still have a few boxes to unpack...
    Marion
    MentoringintheMiddle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel your pain Marion! Good luck with getting settled.

      Delete
  4. I didn't change classrooms and still have trouble finding what I need, when I need it! Organizational skills is one of my goals this year. :)
    Preschool Wonders

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jennifer,

    It looks like we're SLANT partners! :)

    I came to check out your blog first, but I'll send you an email soon. I love you classroom library and the jungle theme. Super cute! Hope you are enjoying blogging so far...the blogging community is very welcoming and has so much to offer. Glad you are taking advantage of SLANT! It's a great way to meet new bloggy friends!

    I'm following you on bloglovin. :)

    Wendy
    Read With Me ABC

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts! Please leave a comment.